Taking a helicopter ride in Ireland is a great way to see all the sights in a whole new way and do something really different. This type of experience is ideal for people of all ages, including families with young children and couples. Here are a few things to expect if you are taking a helicopter ride for the first time.
- Safety of all passengers is a top priority and passengers will be given a safety demonstration before taking off.
- Helicopter rides charge based on each person and the length of the flight. Some companies offer price reductions for young children and frequent fliers.
- Charter helicopter flights usually have seat designations in order to balance out the load of the helicopter and make it safer to maneuver through the sky.
- Most helicopter companies limit the amount of luggage that passengers can take with them to keep the weight of the helicopter to a minimum. This is often restricted to a video camera, so passengers should safely stow their belongings in their car or a locker before boarding the helicopter.
- Helicopter rides are usually very stable, although it is not uncommon for certain passengers to experience motion sickness. People who commonly experience motion sickness should take a pill or two before the flight, although sick bags will also be provided.
- When you are taking a video from the helicopter, the glass windows will cause reflections. To keep these reflections to a minimum, it is best to wear a dark shirt or jacket in a solid color and avoid moving as much as possible.
- Helicopter flights can be rather noisy, although this is rarely disturbing to passengers, as they are provided with headsets that cancel out most of the noise.
- Stunning scenery that is simply unforgettable. The views that can be enjoyed from the air are absolutely enchanting and this is, by far, the best way to experience the intense natural beauty of Ireland.